Sunday, June 8, 2008

Funny things Max has said

I have some pics to add, but don't have time right now, but i don't want to forget these funny things.

One day at Grandma Gibson's, they were getting ready to eat and she asked Max if he wanted to say the prayer. "You pray, I eat".

One morning, he climbed into bed with us and saw a mole on my side and said, "Look Dad, a nipple", since then he's gotten a little confused as I've tried to explain what is a nipple and what's a mole. So much so that this morning he called his nipple a nole.

Max hit his toe really hard with a piece of PVC pipe and it turned his big toenail black. He had heard me tell people what had happened and when I asked him, he said, "I hit my toe with the ABCD-HIJ pipe."

We had just seen an advertisement for Dirty Jobs, the TV show and the host delivered a calf, so Max got a little obsessed about it. I told him I have a baby in my tummy and he said, "No, you have a cow in your tummy." A couple of days later i asked if he wanted a baby boy or a baby girl and he said, "a baby cow".


I just had a doctor's appointment Friday and brought home the magazine that shows the monthly development of the baby in utero and Max said, "Next morning (his version of 'sometime in the future') I'm going to have a baby in my tummy" and I told him that boys don't have babies in their tummies and to prove the point asked if Daddy had a baby in his tummy. Before I could say anything, he said "Yeah, he has a real big one."


One day, in the store, Max asked if he could have something and I said, "Do you have any money in your pocket?" he said that he didn't and I told him that when he did, he could buy it. Now, whenever we go to any store, he'll pull everything in the store of the shelf and loudly exclaim, "When I get my money, I'm going to get this and take it home".

That's all I can remember right now.

5 comments:

Powell Family said...

Oh my gosh!! How the heck are you?! I totally want to get together! We haven't seen you in forever! We are getting together next Saturday at Lindsay's parent's house. You should come! I'll e-mail you! I'm so glad you found me!

hortongirls said...

Thanks for finally updating your blog! Max is fun...and maybe too smart for his britches!

Amber Howard said...

When Max was at my house on Saturday he said..... "When I get my money I'm gonna buy Bucka a BIG present" I think we were talking about Father's Day. But he said that whatever he got Bucka.... it was gonna be BIG!!! ha ha

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Rachelle this is super funny! I also like picture below of him in time-out :) He was pretty darn good today in the pool! A good little swimmer! Do you mind if I link you up on my blog?

Noelle said...

love the blog :]