Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Trailer Chronicles

There is nothing like the spin cycle in a home that can be transported to another location. It's like 4.7 on the Richter scale and it's the whole house. I was in my bathroom the other day and had some laundry going and heard the sound of running water a little more than normal. I bolted all the way across the trailer (sense my sarcasm?) into the kitchen to find water POURING out from under my washer. Much to my chagrin, it was running very rapidly straight into my air conditioning vents. If you've never been in a trailer, the heating and cooling comes from little vents in the floor that you have to make sure not to cover up with furniture, or children's clothing tossed to the side. I grabbed all of the towels I could find just to stop the waterfall and waited for my knight-in-shining-armor-otherwise-known-as-a-contractor-with-tools to come home and fix the problem. no big deal. except that i then noticed that there was now standing water, not just in the kitchen vent, but in all of the vents in the whole, big, huge house. i thought we would all be electrocuted, ben's solution, run the A/C, it'll dry it out. who knew?
So, the other problem is that trailer exterior walls are made with 1x1's or something, cuz they're really thin, so it doesn't do a great job holding in the cool air and keeping the hot air out (it's been over a hundred every day for a week). Ben's solution: in true trailer trash fashion, yep, you guessed it, foil taped on the windows. wow, how low can you go?

9 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

I wouldn't have known about running the a/c either! And neither would Justin, for sure. Smart guy, your Ben!

hillari said...

Oh, dear, sounds terrible. Love your sense of humor about it!

Whit N' Maili said...

and I thought we were gheto... haha! When are ya'll coming over for dinner?

Rachel said...

Hey chelle, It was fun to read your most recent couple of posts! I have always loved your sense of humor! You always make me laugh! Love, Rach

imbize said...

sWEET! Post pictures of the foil on windows! :) I love it. hang in there girl! You are a champ!

Katie said...

You always tell a great story! Is it true you are coming back to Mesa??

Paul Frost said...

Rachelle, just checking in to say hello. I've enjoyed reading your blog and I appreciate your great sense of humor.

Jody said...

Anymore fun stories to share with us Rachelle?? =) Hope you are doing well!!!-Jody

Unknown said...

Its really wonderful post....
Love your sense of humor about it!
its really great...
__________________
Susana
Email Marketing Solutions